Today in this article i am going to tell you how to publish an article on your blog by using a software. There have a amazing software called Windows live writer through you can publish content on your blog easily. especially this software is very helpful for those who are in Blogger.com platform.
This article is based on my personal experience of using different content publishing applications. First read about what features a content writing software must have in case if you don’t.
A content writing software or a blog-publishing application is a software application used to publish the content directly from your desktop. The best feature of a blog publishing software is its WYSIWYG authoring and photo-publishing functionalities. WYSIWYG is an acronym for “What You See Is What You Get”. Yes, as the acronym suggests it displays a dynamic view of your post which your reader would be seeing after publishing your post.
Most of the Content Management Systems(CMS) such as Blogger, WordPress, Live Journal, TypePad lack this features which is the most important one I consider.
Windows Live Writer
The best blog writer software application that provides all the required features is Windows Live Writer. Download Windows Live Writer freely from Microsoft website. Windows live writer is one of the package included in Windows Live essentials. So, in order to use Windows Live Writer, you need to download the whole package of Windows Live Essentials.
Windows Live Writer Download
Use the below link to download Windows Live Essentials
Windows Live Essentials is available 64 different languages which is also one of the features of it. It is a setup file of nearly 113 MB.
After downloading follow the installation procedure and install all the programs of Windows Live Essentials.
Setting Up Windows live writer for Blogger
- As this is our first blog account we will be asked to choose the platform of our site. We are setting up for a blogger account choose the 4th option (Assuming that you have a blogger account already). After selecting “other blog service” click next.
- Then you will be asked to enter the blog URL ,username and password of your blogger account. Enter them and proceed to next (Don’t use any proxy).
- Wait till your blogger account is completely linked and if you are asked for a prompt to post a sample post on your blog, click yes.
- Enter your Blog name and the setup is complete.You are ready to write your content and publish it on to your blog.
You can easily learn about the interface of the Windows Live writer. Here is a sample screen shot of my post.
One of the most common problem faced is removing the account from live writer.
Deleting only account from Windows Live Writer
To remove an account from Windows Live Writer you must have at least 2 accounts.
But if you have only one account follow the below method.
- Open the registry editor.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Writer\WebLogs.
- Delete all the subfolders under Weblogs.(Don’t remove the weblogs folder).
Wrong Username or password problem
Few places to note if you are having trouble connecting to Blogger with Live Writer (It was one of my problems)
- Blog URL: Don’t forget to know whether your blog supports https or http and place right one.
- Username: Remember to add @gmail.com to your user id.
- Password: As mentioned above, if you are using a two step verification with Google you need to generate application specific password to connect to Live Writer. Learn here to know about Generating app specific passwords (http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=185833).
Thank you for reading this article. If you are still having any problems, let me know by dropping a comment below.